Support for the Economy
Did You Know?
- Approximately 300 million gallons of water are needed to produce a single day's supply of U.S. newsprint.
- AVRWC prepared an Urban Water Management Plan to ensure the appropriate level of reliability of water service sufficient to meet the needs of its various customers.
- The reliability of AVRWC's water supply is dependent on the reliability of the groundwater supply and the imported water used to replenish the basin.
- A safe, reliable water supply is central to the economic success of our communities.
- Tap water is critical to the day-to-day operations of existing businesses and to the viability of new commercial enterprises or residential developments.
- From foods and beverages to toothpastes and perfumes, water is the primary ingredient in hundreds of thousands of everyday products.
- Businesses must take into consideration the availability and quality of water when determining where to locate their offices or manufacturing facilities. The availability of water resources and service therefore has a profound effect on job creation.
- A scarcity of water resources can hold up multi-million dollar developments – commercial or residential – placing a severe strain on local economies.